FlightCrit Academy Monthly Update - May 2017As usual, I've been super busy over at the FlightCrit HQ this month! From working to finish up the EPICC Review Course to answering your questions over on the FlightCrit Facebook Page to making sure I'm up to date on some new treatment options for Sepsis and Mechanical Hemodynamic Support, there's a lot to be excited about. Continue reading to see what the latest news is from FlightCrit, and what you can expect to see in the coming months.
Highlights From The Month
Special Offer for all Current EPICC Students
I hope you've all seen the email I sent out yesterday about the special offer for all current EPICC students, but in case you missed it here's the short version
As a special thank you for being one of the first to join the FlightCrit Academy, and for sticking with me and giving me valuable feedback over the past year as I've worked to develop the EPICC Review Course, I've decided to give every current EPICC student to "Lifetime" access to the course.
In addition to "Lifetime" access to the EPICC Review Course, I'm also giving everyone of you a FREE downloadable audio version of the course to listen to when you're away from your computer.
Here's the latest on the EPICC Review Course. I'm actually taking a "Working Vacation" next week and hope to have the remainder of the course written. After that, the only thing left will be to record and publish the remaining lessons.
Here's a brief overview of what's going on with each section.
Cardiopulmonary Emergencies and Hemodynamic Monitoring
- This section has been outlined and I'm almost finished with the slide deck. Recording should start very soon.
OB / Neonatal / Pediatric Emergencies
- This section is just about done being outlined. I'll be writing the lessons starting next week and should have it done within the month.
Toxicology and General Medical Emergencies
- Work on outlining these sections has begun and should progress pretty quickly. As I've already mentioned, I expect to have the rest of the review course completed by the end of June.
- As a bonus, I'm going to be developing two additional lessons to help you put the information you've gained from this course to use. The first will cover advanced Test Taking Tips and the second will cover Best Practices for Dominating Your Flight Crew Member Job Interview. These two sections will be done have the primary content is finished and published to the Academy.
- Once the entire EPICC Review Course is complete, and you complete all modules, you'll now be able to download a course completion certificate that you'll be able to use to show the number of hours completed.
- If you're using a new email address, be sure to update it in your profile so you don't miss any updates from the Academy.
- I'm still working on the new podcast, "TIPSfromCRIT," which I'm hoping to launch this summer. The podcast will be 5 dayd a week, less than 10 minutes per episode. I've got a pretty large schedule of shows, but I really want to mix in some questions from you. So, if you have a topic idea that you'd like featured on the podcast, head over to https://www.speakpipe.com/askflightcrit and send me your question. If I feature your question on the podcast I'll send you a special gift from FlightCrit.
Ok, I think that's it for now. If you have questions, feel free to email me at email@example.com.
Chat with you next month.